Thursday, October 18, 2012

Farewell to City of Heroes !

 Tonight I am going to tell you a secret.... not many people know this about me......but I am a Gamer !! I have been playing City of Heroes for over 8 years. I don't get to play daily or even weekly but when I find myself watching time go by.... I am often led to the computer playing my secret passion!  When I call myself a gamer, I can't put myself in with a group of die hard, know how to play the game, gamers.... I am a every time I play, its like the first time kind of gamer, always asking for help and getting lost in the maps of Paragon..but I have found the most interesting people .. I love these people and I want to spend more time saving the world with them. I always wanted  to become someone that knew the ins and outs of playing the game and I tried really hard to, I kept notebooks by my computer and jotted down the things I thought I'd need to remember, and I wrote out biographies for my characters.. but it didn't matter, when I got to get lost in the game, I was totally lost and loving every minute of it so I gave up trying to learn how to be a gamer and just let myself play. It was then that I was blessed to meet so many people.  Some that now share life with me on face book , a few that are close enough that we have an occasional lunch or visit with and so many I will never see again! I found many hours of entertainment on this game and when I say many hours I am talking thousands! I am sad to post this blog because they have announced that City of Heroes will be going off line and will not be back, some greater forces are taking away my hidden past time. I don't know if I will be able to replace it with another game or if I will ever reconnect with the people I have spent so many hours with in the game, but I will always cherish the times we shared and the small glimpses we got into the lives of each other while in missions to save the world ... I ask myself, how do I say goodbye to this hidden secret of mine? I guess it will just take me time to find out.... what will I  do when I can no longer turn on the Infinity server to play City of Heroes? I have a hard time believing that I  will ever find a replacement, I have laughed and cried with these strangers and shared births and deaths with them,  it seems so cruel to me now that its just getting turned off ...no more nights where we stay online and play until the sun comes up, only then to get up and act like we had been sleeping all night long to take care of our lives in a normal fashion, no one ever guessing that our nights were spent awake battling villains and saving the day! I will miss being Kitty Cat Kelly, the little stuffed cat girl that became real to save her owner. If you played City of Heroes with me and you are lost out there without the game, hit me up we can visit and chat about the good ole days and try to find a new world for us to call home! thanks for the good times and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...