Saturday, December 22, 2012

Not too late Christmas homemade ornaments you will love year after year


   I know its last minute to rally up the energy to make ornaments while you are getting gifts ready and food menus done but I have to recommend a tradition we have here. When I get the chance these last few days before Christmas I pull out the Fimo or sculpy which ever I happen to have and make a family ornament. It’s very simple, you start with green and make a wreath, and you can roll out three long strands and braid it or roll it into a ring and use a butter knife to add texture. then you use a flesh color and roll a little ball for each member of the house you want on the ornament, after the round heads are made I smash them little to flatten them then using red I make little hats, I have to wash my hands at this point because the red stain is all over my hands and I need to use white to trim the hats and add the pom poms. I roll out a red ribbon too for the bow .After I have the wreath all set and each member of the family on it I bake it at 275 or 30 minutes and poof I have a lasting decoration all the little hands in the house helped me make, I just love it!  Here are some pictures for you to see, the kids had a lot of fun with me this year and I am so glad I took the time to make it, I do wish that I’d make one for each child so when they move up and out in the world they’d have one to take with them, in fact when I am done blogging here I may just go make a few more so they each have one. If you have any questions please ask, and if you make any please share your pictures with me I’d love to see your creative minds working. !



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...