Friday, March 15, 2013

The Sweetest Thing.....

 It never surprises me, just what comes out of the mouths of my dear children and how their minds are always working full speed. They are full of innocence and are recording every detail of information we expose them to,but still even knowing this I get shocked at just how precious and sweetly innocent they are, here's an example..today we were driving and passed a construction site with a huge mound of sand in the middle. Sammy who's 3, cheerfully and proudly shouts,"a pile a sand ! a real pile of sand, are they building a sand castle there Mommy?"  Can you believe that? my child sees sand for the first time and wonders if the crew of men and women working there are turning it into a castle like we read about, isn't that the sweetest thing? I was saddened to reply that no they were just building another Kroger Grocery store. He sat quiet then for a minute and in a brave whisper asked, "But there was a Bulldozer wasnt there? we did see one of those didnt we?" and he smiled ear to ear as I answered yes Darling Sam we sure did see a bulldozer ! I drove on , both toward our destination and forward in parenting and living this blessed life raising my children. I find joy in it and I am thankful. Thanks for letting me share my story with you, I hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...